Located in Richmond, Virginia, Fenris is a start-up technology firm which enables friction free applications for insurance and financial products.
By repurposing big data and emerging data in use by other industries, and combining it with machine learning on millions of results, Fenris can instantly score leads and triage submissions for their Clients. Fenris’ suite of scores provides insight on many dimensions, including contactability, lifetime value, propensity to buy, presence of fraud, and personal financial responsibility. Valid leads can be pre-filled for seamless customer journeys, and Clients experience 3x conversion rates and 25% reduction in cost of acquisition, while also creating efficiencies and greater accuracy in their application and quoting processes.
This is where you come in…we are hiring for a Fractional CFO.
The Fractional CFO will have responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This includes overseeing accounting, finance, forecasting, budgeting, daily operations, and assisting with developing long-range business plans.
Additional responsibilities include advising leadership on development of short-term and long-term strategic financial objectives, provide recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities, advise on financial implications of business activities, help identify future business needs, and ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
ROLE IS LOCATED IN GLEN ALLEN, VIRGINIA. May be remote for the right person.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction through providing input on the company’s business plan, financial and tax strategies, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Report financial results; report risk issues; prepare Board packages on a quarterly basis
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Positively interact with Venture Capital investors
- Present natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- At least 10 years of experience for a major company or division of a large corporation or prior experience in a leadership role at a high growth technology start-up, or a combination of both.
- At least 10 years of advanced practical experience using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Experience with SaaS / B2B / high growth technology startups
- Experience with Series A and B Venture Capital rounds of investment
- Familiarity with ASC 606
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience partnering with an executive team
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Prior experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designations
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org