Your focus is to help our future clients envision what it will be like using Fenris’ products.
Fenris Digital, a leading Insurtech company, is in need of an experienced sales engineer. We are growing and looking to add motivated professionals to assist in our sales efforts. The successful candidate will assist the sales representative in evaluating the needs of the prospect and designing strategies that will demonstrate how the API platform of scores and data can meet and exceed the needs of the client. We are looking for an individual that has experience in sales engineering with API-delivered products.
- Present the value of the Fenris’ APIs in solving business problems related to streamlined customer acquisition and full life-cycle optimization
- Strategize with account team members to identify approaches most likely to persuade prospects to change existing behaviors and solve challenges
- Prepare and deliver engaging solution demonstrations and presentations to enterprise prospects and clients up to C-level that lead to successful sales outcomes with Fenris’ data products, machine learning products, and new solutions
- Prepare and deliver timely, detailed, and well-crafted responses, reports and presentations to client and prospect requests
- Become a technical subject matter expert on our platform, be able to identify what problems it solves for our clients and then communicate/translate this to assist prospects during their buying process
- Some of the technical requirements for the sales engineer to succeed as this job are:
- Have familiarity with programming and integrating systems/ processes with APIs
- The ability to become an expert on our data and the data elements we carry on every adult, household, property, vehicle, life event, and more
- Understanding of machine learning and how it is leveraged in our scoring algorithms created for clients to access via API with their credentials
- Assist the sales representative as the SME in discovery sessions with the prospect to create value positions to be reinforced in the demonstration
- Be able to speak directly to development and data teams at prospects during the sales process, answering their questions and helping them understand, and be put at ease, on the technical aspects of the Fenris products
- Enable the sales team to achieve their quotas and close ratios, but putting the customer’s needs first will always be most important to your success in this role
What we’d like to see from you:
- 4+ years experience in sales engineering, pre-sales solution consulting in B2B, technical writing, customer success, with a partnership orientation at a fast growing data or machine learning company
- Proven track record of acquiring new logos in a high velocity sales environment
- Technical skills in java or another programming language is advantageous
- 5+ years in the insurtech or fintech industry
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, both remotely, written, and onsite (at such time as we resume travel and trade shows)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business Administration or comparable experience
- Exhibit a rounded knowledge of data, business intelligence, customer acquisition, CX, CRM, and are able to present technical aspects, possess an innate curiosity for technology and understanding clients’ business challenges, and demonstrate self-motivation and pride in being part of a superstar team by sharing knowledge freely to improve everyone’s performance and reach company objectives
What you will receive from us:
- Front row seat to the insurtech gold rush at this high growth technology company servicing large financial institutions
- Team camaraderie and encouragement every step of the way as we celebrate the wins and opportunities to fail fast and learn and continue on your upward trajectory in your career
- Competitive pay and a suite of employee health benefits and perks
- Opportunity to earn equity in the company in accordance with our employee stock option plan
- Ability to be yourself and be successful and valued for your contributions
- Flexible work environment (WFH or office) and a starting bonus to purchase your technology and set up your space.
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies show that men are more likely to apply if they meet 60%+ of the requirements, whereas women/ non-binary people will seek to apply only if they feel they have a much higher percentage of the requirements mastered. We believe that talent comes wrapped in many kinds of packages, and encourage applicants to apply and learn more about roles at Fenris which can accelerate their growth on their desired career path.
Because this is a high growth company, you must be flexible and be able to switch tasks often across a spectrum and take on what needs to be done for success.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org